The Arkansas Department of Education, in partnership with Arkansas ASCD and the Common Core State Standards Guiding Coalition, is hosting a statewide conversation to raise awareness in local communities about the Common Core State Standards.
“Connecting the Common Core and the Community for the Whole Child: A Community Conversation,” will be held Thursday, March 8, at regional sites throughout Arkansas.
The public, including the news media, is encouraged to attend this opporutunity to build awareness and understanding of the Common Core State Standards, a rigorous curriculum designed to improve college and career readiness for Arkansas’s students.
The conversation will be held at these sites:
- All education cooperatives (except DeQueen/Mena)
- Bryant School District
- Arkansas Public School Resource Center (APSRC)
- The Center for Leadership and Learning (AR Tech)
- Arkansas Activities Association (AAA) in NLR
- AETN in Conway
- Jonesboro School District
- Van Buren School District
The event will begin at 5:00 p.m. at each regional site and conclude by 7:00 p.m. Refreshments will be provided.